Summer is definitely a time of year were one’s exposure to the sun is always on the brain. Choosing a proper sunscreen which fits your needs can be quite the undertaking. For vegans, specifically it can be quite challenging. As a service to our community we offer some of the best choices for cruelty free sunscreens and other treatments we use daily when having fun in the sun! We have compiled this list from skin experts, vegans and avid sun worshipers. The truth of the matter is why not make the choice to pick up a cruelty free sunscreen, bug repellent or lip balm?
We have compiled a short list here for you, but to find out more check out the Environmental Working Group’s list. They update it every year…and they even have a Hall of Shame.
Sunscreen: Loving Naturals Clear Vegan SPF 30+ Sunscreen- Smooth, clear, water resistant!
Sunless Tanner: Lavera Sunless Tanning Lotion – Streak free and organic!
Sunglasses with a Conscience: Amy Sacks makes hot, hipster glasses where ALL proceeds go to an animal rescue organization called the Pixie Project!
Moisturizer: Earth Science Almond-Aloe Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 – Perfect for day or night!
Insect Repellent: Intelligent Nutrients Organic Bug Repellent Serum – Great smell, non-greasy and non-toxic!
Summer Lipstick: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Anime – go to lipstick shade for the summer!
Mineral Foundation: Everyday Minerals Original Glo Base – flawless coverage with light reflecting!
Luxurious Summer Skin Care
PETA Endorses the entire AVEDA Sun Care Line:
Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser – for removal of build-up, salt and chlorine.
Sun Care After-Sun Hair Masque – to restore and moisturize hair after it’s been exposed to the sun.
Sun Care Protective Hair Veil – protects hair color from fading and drying and protects hair from the sun.
Rough and Rugged: Skin Care for Men
This natural grooming skin care line for men, has everything a guy could want to maintain a face that make the vegan babes go crazy!
- Bulldog Natural Skincare Original Shave Gel – 8 essential oils, aloe vera, jojoba and konjac mannan for an incredibly smooth shave.
- Bulldog Natural Skincare Original Face Wash – 8 essential oils and green tea to gently cleanse your face of dirt and debris.
- Bulldog Natural Skincare Original Face Scrub – essential oils, pumice, coconut shell, rosehip oil and shea butter to gently exfoliate the skin.
- Bulldog Natural Skincare Original After Shave Balm – essential oils, green tea, konjac mannan, rosehip oil and vitamin E to help nourish and soothe the skin.
- Bulldog Natural Skincare Original Moisturizer – 8 essential oils, green tea, green algae, konjac mannan and vitamin E to help rehydrate the skin.
The best about this line is that it retails for less than a gluten free 12 pack of beer!
Surely you will need at least 2 or 3 of these items on your vegan travel holiday cruise! Don’t let sunburn get in the way of your many opportunities to pamper yourself and mingle with other like-minded individuals on your vacation. Remember, on our holistic cruise you will have the opportunity to eat divine meals and engage with some of the most celebrated personalities of the Vegan Industry. 2013 will mark the 10 year Anniversary of the Holistic Holiday @ Sea and there will be lots of socials, great classes, amazing Caribbean ports and even a few surprises.