November is World Vegan Month! While we love celebrating the plant-based lifestyle all year long, the distinction of World Vegan Month helps bring the vegan lifestyle into the limelight. It’s also a great time of year to celebrate all things plant-based. Even if you’re not vegan, there are plenty of ways to incorporate more plant-based meals into your routine.
History of World Vegan Month
The Vegan Society helped bring World Vegan Month to life. Founded in 1944, The Vegan Society is a registered educational charity that provides information and guidance on various aspects of veganism.
The Vegan Society began as an offshoot of The Vegetarian Society in November 1944 when a group of friends felt the importance to distinguish the difference between not eating meat and not eating any products from animals. According to The Vegan Society, November 1st was soon marked as World Vegan Day and it eventually evolved into World Vegan Week and then World Vegan Month.
How to Celebrate World Vegan Month
- There are multiple events happening throughout the world to celebrate World Vegan Month. Check out The Vegan Society’s calendar to find an event in your area. The Vegan Society lists events for the rest of the year as well.
- If you’re looking for creative ways to celebrate World Vegan Month, check out The Vegan Society’s blog.
- Are you inspired by World Vegan Month and veganism but unsure about making the switch to a plant-based diet? Read our ten tips to start a plant-based diet. Check out One Green Planet’s Ultimate Guide to a Plant-Based Diet for more tips.
- Do you use social media and love finding new vegan recipes and inspiration on Instagram? Check out these vegan social media influencers on Instagram.
- We’re always inspired by the people on the cruise who found healing through the aid of a plant-based lifestyle. Read their inspiring stories from our Recovery Panel.
- Follow us on social media. We share inspiring updates on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Come Sail with Us
It’s not too late to book your spot on the upcoming cruise, February 21-28, 2020, for seven days of self-care, adventure, community, and inspiration. But don’t delay! Only a small block of rooms become available around this time of year, so act fast to secure your spot. For more information, check out the details on the 2020 cruise, including the itinerary, daily schedule, and the 40+ influential leaders and speakers presenting onboard.