Roasted Middle Eastern Eggplant Skewers Recipe – Holistic Holiday at Home
Since we concluded our 2015 Holistic Holiday at Sea cruise, we’ve received lots of great feedback about the quality of the meals prepared on board the MSC Divina, especially the Eggplant Kebabs! We are excited to share the recipe from the culinary team so that you can experience holistic meals like those offered on the ship at home. You’ll find more wonderful recipes inside our cruise cookbook, Greens and Grains on the Deep Blue Sea.
Roasted Middle Eastern Eggplant Skewers with Fresh Mint and Cumin, served with plain Soy Yogurt and Red Pepper Puree
- Cut eggplant in 1 inch chunks and marinate in cumin, chili, curry, garlic, ginger, tamari & water enough to saturate ingredients.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12mins.
- Place on skewers (Can be prepared in advance and warmed in oven).
- Place red peppers on the open flame of your stove until they become completely black then place in a bowl of cold water for 5 min, remove skin with fingers. Remove the seeds cut into chunks and blend.
- Serve warm with mint, orange garnish, plain soy yogurt and red pepper puree.