Since our 2018 Holistic Holiday at Sea set sail last February, we’ve loved scrolling through all of your posted photos on social media with the hashtag #vegancruise (congrats to Jax Vegan Couple who won our photo contest!). We wanted to share a few of our own pics!
Check out these 15 fantastic shots from our special 15th anniversary cruise as we countdown to our next vegan cruise March 3–14, 2019.
15. Julieanna Hever, MS, RD, CPT, makes plant-based cooking look so easy (and delicious)! Julieanna led three cooking classes on dressings and sauces, hummus, and soups. Yum!
14. All your questions on what athletes need to fuel their bodies on a plant-based diet were answered at Panel Q&A: Powered by Plants with Vegan Athletes Matt Frazier, Robert Cheeke, Angelica Kushi, Dani Taylor, Giacomo Marchese, and Larry Krug.
13. In addition to educational lectures and instructional workshops on what it means to live a plant-based lifestyle, attendees also have ample opportunities to meet one another! From a gala night to an “ice cream sundae” party and pizza night, our program leaves plenty of room for socializing.
12. This year was athlete and author Rip Esselstyn’s first time on the cruise. His New York Times bestselling book, The Engine 2 Diet, documents his success and shows the connection between a plant-based diet and good health.
11. In addition to a full-service vegan menu, there is also a lunch buffet option for guests looking for a more casual atmosphere than a multi-course meal. And check out this view!
10. HHAS President Sandy Pukel hosted the Doctors Q&A Panel, “Cruisin’ for Knowledge – Using a Plant-Based Diet to Support Health and Avoid Risks,” with Drs. Michael Greger, T. Colin Campbell, Michael Klaper, Joel Kahn, Lawrence Kushi, and Deanna Minich. Audience members got the real scoop on living well, eating well, and taking control of your health.
9. A regular presenter on the cruise year after year, Robert Cheeke is a two-time natural bodybuilding champion and a bestselling author. His functional fitness class is full of exercises you can do anywhere, anytime to maintain high levels of health and fitness. And you’ll never catch Robert taking the elevator. He’s a tried-and-true stair climber on this ship!
8. How are organizations and thought leaders spreading the word about plant-based diet and lifestyle? How can we influence our family, friends, and local community to embrace veganism? On this panel discussion, Robert Cheeke, Gene Baur, Melissa Karpel, and James Aspey discuss ways to grow the vegan and plant-based community. This was James’ first time on HHAS!
7. Our lectures are far from boring. Everything from the animated presenters to the topics are interesting and engaging. The ambiance is no exception. Look at how blue that water is!
6. With more than 18 years of experience in holistic living and wellness, Marcus Gary leads “Looking and Feeling Great at Any Age with 5 Organ Qi Gong” with his amazing team. Joining him were Maria Johnson and Jamila Makini. We feel at peace just looking at this photo.
5. In her latest book, Making Kind Choices, president and founder of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk, explains how simple choices we make every day at the dinner table and the grocery store checkout line can have a lifesaving impact on animals. We were excited to welcome Ingrid on her first-ever HHAS cruise!
4. When Bridgette Kossor is entertaining, you know you’re going to have a great time. We were so excited to welcome Bridgette back for her ninth year on the HHAS cruise. She performed at the cocktail party and at the pool deck party, “C’mon, Get Happy!”
3. A room full of women set aside their inhibitions around strength training and joined athlete Dani Taylor in Women’s Boot Camp. Participants learned how to use resistance bands for a portable, full-body workout! This was Dani’s first time sailing with us!
2. In addition to Pilates, movement, and breathing classes, Bianka Steinfeldt led a group in Reiki meditation, combining the healing powers of both modalities. Look how relaxed everyone is!
1. They don’t call Holistic Holiday at Sea the “Love Boat” for nothing! When you get a group of likeminded, compassionate, and thoughtful people together, sparks are bound to fly! Whether you’re on the ship’s deck or digging your feet in the sand at a port of call, every moment is an opportunity to fall more in love with yourself—and possibly someone else, too!
See you in 2019!