‘Tis the Season for All Things Tasty – So, Toss that Turkey!
While the Thanksgiving holiday can prove a bit tricky for those of us adhering to a vegan or macrobiotic lifestyle, especially for newcomers, there’s a cornucopia of ways to squash your worries and have your taste buds sing with gratitude! Don’t get vexed over pleasing your carnivorous family members and friends, and never give up hope on discovering and creating deliciously inventive dishes! There are numerous recipes that bring out the full flavors of the seasonal harvest without resorting to eating a plain bowl of kale and an ear of corn (although that does sound pretty delicious!). After a little hunting of our own (for recipes, that is), we’d like to offer some tasty tips to help turn your holiday gathering from ‘turkey-terror’ into a festive ‘fresh-veggie feast’!
Don’t Let the Fowl Fluster You
- Ginger Cranberry Sauce – You and your guests will fall in love with the tangy taste of this cranberry sauce. Its vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and can-free!
- Butternut Squash and Sage Soup – Seasonally savory and served hot!
- Warm Thanksgiving Kale & Squash Salad – Only 20 minutes of cooking time for a delicious vegan side dish!
- Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf with Sweet Potato – A gorgeous vegan loaf that’ll become an instant favorite and have them wanting more!
- Sweet Potato-Spelt Biscuits – Fluffy and flakey, you’ll start making these biscuits all year round!
- Butternut Squash With Whole Wheat, Wild Rice, & Onion Stuffing – This delightful main-dish is guaranteed to have your non-vegan guests completely forget about turkey!
- Thanksgiving Torte (with wild rice, mushrooms, and nuts) – With the imaginative combination of fresh flavors and tasty textures, you’ll still be hearing “Mmm’s” long after the meal is over!
- “Three Sisters” Stew – After your first bite, you’ll be eager to invite the “Three Sisters,” squash, corn, and beans, to your table more often!
- Vegetable Bread Pudding – All vegan, gluten-free and full of vegetable options, this is a true Thanksgiving bounty!
- Pumpkin Spice Vegan Ice-Cream – Smooth, creamy and full of spiced pumpkin flavor!
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake – What better way to finish your meal off than with a decadent piece of chocolaty heaven?
Taste of Health Holistic Holiday at Sea is more than a great vegan travel experience, it’s an opportunity to travel and stay healthy while pampering AND educating yourself with current events and trends in the vegan world. On our holistic cruise you will have the opportunity to eat divine meals, make new friends engage with some of the most celebrated personalities of the Vegan Industry. 2013 will mark the 10 year Anniversary of the Holistic Holiday @ Sea and there will be lots of socials, great classes, amazing Caribbean ports and even a few surprises. Learning a new way of living has never been so much fun, so easy and so tasty!